Sunday, April 3, 2011

Parents as Partners in Twenty-First Century Learning

This chapter had many awesome ideas on how to connect with parents of students. I like the idea of having some type of online resource parents and students can use to keep up with the class. I'm pretty sure most high schools or middle schools have sites where parents can track their students' grades but it would be great to have a discussion board where parents can talk to the teacher and with each other. Also, if the homework is posted online, students can be reminded and parents can monitor the homework being done. I also liked the index card inquire where the author asked parents questions about their child/children such as "What do I need to know about your child to teach him/her better?" Sometimes it would be better to ask this throughout the year to get feedback. The only concern I would have is that parents may not participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment