Sunday, April 10, 2011

Boys and Girls Learn Differently

I really liked the beginning activity with putting the pictures in order and splitting up the groups into girls, boys, and mixture. The activity made sense when the group explained the difference between how boys and girls would put the pictures in order. The different stations all had valuable points about different styles of teaching and procedures being done at some schools. Separating boys and girls for some classes such as math and science would make sense, but separating them all during the day or having just girl school or just boy school would stir up controversy. Even though boys and girls are distracted by the opposite sex around this time, I still feel that it is important for them to interact together in order for them to strive socially. The mandatory uniforms or sports sections of the book brought up such gray area. I could see how each of these could be beneficial and how they could be troublesome. Lastly, the guidance section was really important. I liked how boys do better when talking when they are doing something else, like walking. I also liked the fact that boys open up more to male counselors and girls with females. This made sense to me. Out of all the book talks I found this one to be the most controversial.

No comments:

Post a Comment