Thursday, March 31, 2011

Becoming a "Wiz" at Brain Based Teaching

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME job guys! I really enjoyed the entire presentation and all the stations. I learned a lot from each exercise. With the memory station, I saw that repetition may not be the only way to memorize something. The facts on the cards were really helpful and resourceful! The activity for the assessment portion was so creative and really got the point across. The point being to let students know what they are going to be assessed on and to use portfolios once and a while rather than tests. Emotions are important to know when dealing with middle schoolers. I liked the idea about having students putting like sticky-notes or post-its with different colors to show that the teacher and other students will know who's having a good day or bad day. The atmosphere section of the presentation gave me some great idea about how I will set up my classroom. I really thought the idea of playing music will make students more comfortable in my classroom.

Again, fantastic job guys! The food, the games, the lessons were all excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment